Saturday, April 13, 2013

People are 'Interesting'


Earlier this week, I dropped my phone on a concrete footpath. The phone was less than thrilled with this and is currently spending some time in the smartphone hospital. The nice man at Optus gave me a temporary phone while the insurance people sort things out. The temporary phone is a brick and a sign from the big man above to stop wasting time on social media.

So, as I waited the whole eight minutes for the tram to arrive today, I tried to explore the different features of my borrowed phone, all three of them. Text, call, change volume. Then I discovered something really cool. You know when a phone has exchanged many hands not by the number of scratches and dents but by the messages left behind. Yep, some people have saved their SMSs to the phone instead of their SIMs leaving glimpses into their faceless anonymous lives. This phone has a history, albeit a slightly disturbing one.

Here are some of my favourites:

If you had a 2 handed wank would be like watching an early looney tunes!!!


Am I too sheltered to get this reference or are other people just as confused? It’s nice to see that the Looney Tunes are still relevant though. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen Bugs, Daffy and Co make an appearance in pop culture or referenced in conversation.

Person 1: Here now.. I know I really should wave to me too. G x
Person 2: Excuse i......?
Person 1: Sorry wrong number
Person 2: No I feel sorry for you


I wish Person 1 was my friend. Or Person 2.

My strange addiction... Stacey eats her dead husbands ashes up to 6 times a day! She is worried about what will happen when they run out cause “he’s not going to be there”!!!

That one had me puzzled for a long time. So much so that I had to Google it. Apparently, this is actually a true story on the TV show My Strange Addiction. The woman’s name is actually Casie (get it right, people), she lives in the States and the story is really very sad. The text message does speak the truth – she is addicted to eating her dead husband’s ashes.

I only have myself to blame for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment